The Sixty-ninth General Assembly Colorado Children’s Caucus meetings will included presentations from community members, nonprofit and government agencies at all levels serving children, particularly Colorado’s most vulnerable youth. Materials presented at the Children's Caucus Meetings are also available on the Children's Caucus Blog.
2014 Presentation Calendar Coming Soon!
2013 Colorado Children's Caucus Presentations
The Children's Caucus received six presentations throughout the legislative session in 2013 from a variety of organizations including:
- Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Children, Youth and Families
- Colorado Office of the Child Protection Ombudsman
- Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home
- CASA in Colorado
- Youth in the Mile High United Way Bridging the Gap Program
- Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition
- Prevent Child Abuse Colorado
2013 Advocacy Events at the Capitol
Many different organizations and individuals are planning events to be a voice for children and families in 2013. Below is a list of "Days at the Capitol" and other advocacy events currently planned to provide legislators the opportunity to learn more about the issues most affecting Colorado children and families.
- Thursday, January 24 - Colorado Children' Campaign Legislator Lunch & Learn - K-12
- Thursday, February 27 - Colorado Children' Campaign Legislator Lunch & Learn - Early Childhood
- Thursday, February 28 - Colorado Children's Campaign and Clayton Early Childhood Learning Advocacy Day - Early Childhood Advocacy Day
- Thursday, February 28 - Colorado PTA 2013 Legislative Conference
- Thursday, March 14 - Colorado Children' Campaign Legislator Lunch & Learn- KidsCount
- Monday, April 1 - April Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month - Rally
- Tuesday, April 23 - Speak Up for Kids Health Day